Silicone resins are mainly used to formulate silicone insulating paints, silicone coatings, silicone adhesives and silicone plastics. High-performance coatings such as high-end building exterior coatings are the main market for silicone resins, and the main varieties are modified polyester and modified acrylic resin. In addition, the consumption of silicone resin in the electronics/electrical industry has grown rapidly, which is also an important driving force for the development of global silicone resin in the future, and the market prospect is very broad.
1. Electrical insulating paint: The volume, quality and service life of electrical appliances have a great relationship with the performance of electrical insulating materials. Therefore, the industry requires the use of a variety of electrical insulating paints, including coil impregnating paint, glass cloth impregnating paint, mica adhesive insulating paint, and silicone paint for electrical and electronic protection.
2. Coating: Silicone resin has excellent heat resistance, cold resistance, weather resistance, water repellency and other properties, in addition, colorless and transparent coatings with good adhesion and wear resistance can be obtained. Anti-sticking release coatings and moisture-proof and hydrophobic coatings .
3. Adhesive: There are two types of polysiloxanes used as adhesives: silicone type and silicone resin type, which are different in structure and crosslinking density. Among them, resin type adhesives are also divided into pure silicone resin type and modified type resin.
4. Plastics: Mainly used in heat-resistant, insulating, structural, and arc-resistant silicone plastics, packaging plastics for semiconductor components, and foamed plastics.
5. Micropowder and trapezoidal polymer: Compared with inorganic fillers, silicone resin micropowder has low relative density, and at the same time has the characteristics of heat resistance, weather resistance, lubricity and hydrophobicity. Trapezoidal silicone resin has higher heat resistance, electrical insulation and flame resistance than general-purpose mesh-shaped three-dimensional silicone resin.